Friday, May 30, 2008

What I'm Listening To

I'll be trying to keep this new little list up on my sidebar.
Here's the run-down so far, all singer/song-writers:
Jared and Mary Beth - I walked into the music studio next door to my office and heard this amazing jazz trumpet just wailing away followed by a powerfully smooth vocal pulling me into the dark foggy alley of some French film noir. Jared and Mary Beth were just finishing up their first album. So, you can't really listen to it yet, but soon, it'll be coming. Oh, and they're from Bakersfield. Go figure.

Nathan Daniel Miles - He finished recording up here and passed off some songs to me on a disc, yet to be mastered. Amazing, I was honored to hear it and can't wait to see where he goes and say I knew him when.

Molly Jenson - Of course. Though, if all she did was write emails, I'd still be a fan. When's that next album coming out anyway?

We Shot The Moon - I just heard them for the first time an hour ago. Thanks JonnyUps for the post. I've been waiting for Waking Ashland's talent to show itself again. Finally!

Jon Troast - He just came through Hume on a house concert tour. He's a friend of a friend from Wisconsin. Super fun Monday night at Hume 'n Beans, just us staff. I wish we could have stuff like this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment