Monday, June 9, 2008

Waiting...



Waiting, and I might as well be writing. Right?

Sunday was the first day of camp. It's for sure summer now. Warm sunny days, lots of kids in the road. Lots of excited kids wearing pink and green T-shirts, screaming, running, eating, singing, playing, watching, listening, hearing about Jesus. I love it! Really, I think it makes me forget how tired I am. It reminds me of why I've worked here so hard especially for the last month.

The opener happened.
It worked pretty well for a first run. I still believe it needs some changes, and everthing gets better with practice. It is very cool looking. The campers were cheering and screaming at all the right spots, and even at some spots that we didn't expect. I'm excited to begin working on the one in SD.

I worked late into the night and then got some sleep early Monday morning before coming back to finish Monday night's video. My computer took longer to do everything it needed to, crashed just about every ten minutes for three hours while I was working on some of the special effects- and I didn't get the video done in time for the meeting. We were able to show the portion of it that Paco had been editing, but not the real beginning of the video. I feel terrible about it. I've been working on it so much... I keep thinking of all the things I could have done different... if only I hadn't taken time off when I got sick... if only we had started sooner, if only I never needed to sleep... It's not a very healthy thing to be thinking.

I've stayed up working to finish it, fighting through the problems as they continue, learning what is slowing the computer down, what is causing it to crash, and how to have a more efficient work flow with all this HiDef video and Motion effects. And, I'm finally done. Now I can start finishing the next video for tonight, Tuesday.
I'm pleased with the way the video turned out. I was skeptical, and I was the one who was making it But I like it. Two more to go before I leave for SD on Thursday.


4am, cup of coffee in hand

2 comments:

  1. reminds me of Blank Slate. Except I would be sleeping on the floor of the edit bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....

    oh the life of a film maker.

    also, nice screen shot. yay apple/shift/4 ha....

    ReplyDelete