Monday, January 18, 2010

Finally! A Good Winter Storm

We finally have a good winter storm up here at Hume. I think it has been several weeks since it snowed at all. And, now, this...
It's supposed to snow all week long. There have been winter storm watch warnings and Hazardous Weather Condition bulletins warning us to stock up food and water for at least a week's supply. Higher elevations above 6000 feet were to expect up to 10 feet of snow! We're down at 5200 and probably won't get much more than 4 feet. It rained most of this morning, but it's snowing hard right now.

I worked all weekend. We had a three night camp of close 1,000 campers that just went home an hour ago. I stayed up all night working on the 2010 Vision Dinner video while Ryan Grant edited the highlight video for the winter camp weekend. I slept a little bit this morning, had lunch in the dinning hall with Jocey and the hundreds of staff it takes to make a weekend like this work.
Now I'm back in my cabin, all cozy with a cup of tea, sitting next to a warm fire, watching the snow fall outside my window. The storm is strangely silent except for the occasional, but regularly occurring sound of snow plows.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful (on the webcam)!
    We've got a cozy fire and rain down here. Some areas around San Diego even had a tornado watch today!

    ReplyDelete