Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mexico update

Just had a fem moments off. The week is going amazing down here in Mexico. I mean, it's Mexico, so there's plenty of communication issues, and cultural differences that make planning, schedules, and problem solving a very interesting challenge. But, all said, God is doing amazing work here. John Alvarado continues to tell me amazing stories of how impacting this camp is in the student's lives, as well as the staff, how there are so many things that we are doing for the first time ever in Mexico and blowing away people's expectations of what camp is, how God works, and were they see themselves in the future of ministry here. It's pretty cool.
I've been running slides for worship, and it's definitely stretching my Spanish skills. Some of the stuff that I learned in High School, and had to relearn in college is coming back to me.

I've slept outside, by choice, on the second floor porch of our dorm building every night so far. It's beautiful! The stars are bright, the sunrise is breathtaking, and the weather is at it's best during the night.

Continue to pray for us, and check out http://humeim.blogspot.com for pictures and updates from everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment