Monday, August 4, 2008

Highlight of my day

After posting the videos from camp in Mexico on YouTube, I just got the first comment on them... and it's in Spanish!

"yo salgo en este video! :D"


How cool is that!? I love it.

Things are going well back up here at Hume. I'm slowly getting readjusted to life, work, and friends. I do feel a bit like I'm out of the circles and wanting wanting to be back in them again. I've been gone for seven weeks, but I think Hume Lake is a little like Narnia. Time just runs differently here. It seems like I've been gone forever. "Remember when we were kings and queens and sat on the thrones at Cair Paravelle?" Yet sometimes you can leave for years, and come back and it all feels like nothing changed. Sometimes, after working here for three months, I feel years older, and time hasn't moved at all in the outside world. Strange.

Friday's moment of making smile was rock climbing up the face of Buck Rock while the sun was setting with good friends all around.

I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. if you're happy, then i'm happy brother. :)

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we're friends.

    I prayed for you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete