Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beauty on The last Day of Winter


This morning Jocey and I drove down the hill well before dawn to drop her off at the Bus Station in Fresno. Even though it was short, it was our first road trip in my new car, Sassy.
We picked up her ticket and then had a little pre-dawn breakfast date at the downtown Starbucks. It was still and quiet ―the tall buildings looming above us in the darkness― quiet, like few cities can be at that hour. She caught the bus down to Fullerton for cabin weekend in Idyllwild with Rebecca and some other college friends. On the way back I stopped by a self-serve car wash and watched the sun rise while I steam-cleaned Sassy's beautiful little VTEC-E engine.
I had to get back up for a meeting at 9am, so I didn't have much time to enjoy the beauty of the last day of winter. I did the best I could considering the circumstances. Jocey and I had noticed on the way down that the poppies were blooming. So, I had to stop a few times on the way up in order to be able to show her what they look like in the early morning light. 

Here they are, Jocey! Wish you were there to see it with your own eyes.

The other yellow flowers are called Common Fiddleneck, in case you were wondering. I was.
Enjoy.



























4 comments:

  1. Your car looks great! Those flowers are beautiful! I am breathing semi-normal now from the last time you saw me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous. I love the name Sassy for the new car! I hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPRING IS AMAZING! SO IS YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh . . . I really did miss out huh?! Those are beautiful! And I'm so glad you decided on a name for the car. I think Sassy is great!!

    ReplyDelete