Friday, October 5, 2007

God loves

If you don't already know, a storm came through our mountains and dumped several inches of snow all day today. It was so amazing, so beautiful, so perfect!
The last thing I remember last night was feeling like I needed it to rain; like my soul needed to just stand in the rain, arms outstretched with my face toward heaven. So, the last thing I did before I left the waking world was tell that to God. It was kind of like praying for rain, except not so much literally, maybe poetically; my soul needed it... like the desert... yeah, "needs the rain." Longing expressed. That's all.

I awoke to the sound of rain. That is the first thing I remember, the sound of good, hard rain. The second thing I remember was looking out the window of our cabin and seeing a world covered in a soft blanket of white. Then I realized that it wasn't raining, it was sleet, or hail, or white dip'n'dots. I was outside as quickly as I could be.
I was in such a different spirit all day today. Such a good day. Everything was beautiful, everything was good, was peace, was right, was home. God had answered my prayer, more than I could hold, it had spilled outside of myselfishness and onto the world. The food tasted better, I laughed, I smiled at friends, I talked to strangers.
In the past week some of you have asked how I as. I usually replied, "melancholy." It has been a bit of low week for me. Today I was changed. I think you would have noticed if you had been here. I want you to notice now and say, "Wow, God loves." And, I want you to be sure of it like I am. That is why I'm writing this right now instead of sleeping.
Oh, and to top it all off, tonight I went off-roading with Rich, in dark, in the snow, up Sunshine Mountain. By then the clouds had passed and it was a stellar, clear night. Glorious. I saw my favourite cluster of stars, The Pleiades. They are a small, distinct cluster of seven stars. Yeah, God is the one who holds them together. "The Bible contains three direct references to the Pleiades in Job 9:9 and 38:31, and Amos 5:8, and a single indirect reference in the New Testament. This latter passage (Revelation 1:16) describes a vision of the coming of the Messiah – who holds, in his right hand, seven stars…"
The context of the Amos passage affirms God's creation of The Pleiades, and the Lord, Himself, exhorts, "Seek me that you may live."

Job 9:5-9
It is God who removes the mountains, they know not how,
When He overturns them in His anger;
Who shakes the earth out of its place,
And its pillars tremble;
Who commands the sun not to shine,
And sets a seal upon the stars;
Who alone stretches out the heavens
And tramples down the waves of the sea;
Who makes the Bear, Orion and the Pleiades,
And the chambers of the south;
Job 38:31-33
"Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades,
Or loose the cords of Orion?
"Can you lead forth a constellation in its season,
And guide the Bear with her satellites?
"Do you know the ordinances of the heavens,
Or fix their rule over the earth?

Yes, This God! He is the one who loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment