Saturday, April 5, 2008

Okinawa: from the other side of the ocean

We are a military base that looks a whole lot like Point Loma Nazarene's campus, just with fewer trees. Today we got most of the recreation set up and tried out several of the games with our own team. It was a lot of fun. We were experimenting with a strange game involving flags, like in flag football, and running back and forth "plundering" the other team's "villiage." PK pulled the pocket off my shorts instead of pulling my flag. It made the rest of the game a little more interesting, and, well... better ventilated. No hard feelings. I'll sew it up as soon as my shorts are dry. It was pouring rain, warm rain, at the perfect temperature. When we were done playing, some us ran down to a secluded beach cove and swam in the ocean. It was probably about 62 degrees, a bit cold at first, but wonderful once I got in. I swam out to some reefy rocks, climbed up and jumped off. It was pretty amazing with all the warm rain.
We had curry dinner at a favorite local restaurant. I'm still feeling the heat, and I know that I'll probably sweating out curry later tonight. But, it was so good!
Camp starts tomorrow. Pray for us! Our speaker, isn't feeling the greatest. I'm still expecting God to be using that somehow. He know's what's up.

2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome!!!!!

    how i wish i were there.

    :/

    keep writing!

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things come together for that. Not really sure what day is what for you... this says you posted Saturday. How's curry? I mean, the camp? :)

    PS: You've been tagged. What does this mean? It means you have to come to my blog and find out what this means.

    (a friend wrote that last past and I totally sniped it off him becase the phrasing made me smile.) grace and peace!

    ReplyDelete