Friday, April 11, 2008

Victory Circle on the Beach

There's nothing quite like a bonfire on the beach. It's even better if the people enjoying it with you are telling stories of the awesome work that God did in their lives during just the last few days. I think that worshiping God while standing on the beach is one of my favorite things to do. Really, any overwhelmingly beautiful and expansive natural place of wonder will do, as long as it reminds me of how small I am in comparison to the God who made everything and still loves us enough to make his home in our hearts.

I got to show the wrap-up up video that I made right after Victory circle while we were still on the beach. We just let the fire die down a bit, then turned on the rear screen projector and portable sound system hooked to the laptop... it was very cool. The sounds of the waves mixed with the sounds of the video. I was perhaps the most real surround sound experience I've ever had. The sound quality wasn't the greatest, and the image would have been better if it were larger, but it was still an awesome moment that I think I'll never forget.

It was a good end to a very stressful day.

1 comment:

  1. I long for an experience like this movie on the beach, campfire and water sounds filling out the moment with nature and God elements.

    You have no idea how jealous I am. Cherish this!

    ReplyDelete