Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back in the Humeland

A little dizzy, a little disoriented, and a headache.
But, I think that's the worst of it. I'm tired enough, and been getting pretty close to the proper time zone adjustment that I think I'll be able to drop right back into the schedule where I need to be.

We left Tokyo at 4pm today and arrived in LA at 8am today.
Crazy.

Today is Tuesday. I feel mostly like I went to sleep on Monday night and had a crazy dream that I flew to another country in another world, made new friends, shared food in a grass hut, saw peoples world changing, saw women who believed they were less valuable than a pig on the side of the road, flew in a tiny airplane, ran camp for the most awesome high school students, saw a life that I believed I would be living since my sophomore year in high school, wondered with wonder why I am not there still, walked the streets of the richest city in the world, from the Starbucks on "Saks 5th" Armani suits and Loui Vitton purses to five blocks later in little India, joking around with strangers from Pakistan, trying to find a pair of shoes at a busy "mall" at 2am...Years went by... I was dreaming, wasn't I... I went to sleep on Monday, had a crazy dream and woke up on Tuesday. Now I'm back, nothing's changed, nobody else sees anything different. It must have been a dream, and that quick I'm back in place.

Hmm, a larger piece of my world has been blown to pieces. A larger hole than I have seen before has opened up, letting in more light... I'll probably have to spend the next few months rearranging furniture.

Thanks for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment