Saturday, November 29, 2008

Not lactose intolerant?

I have thought that I was Lactose Intolerant since I came back from Africa in 2005. I drank plenty of milk while I was there, but then as soon as I came back I found that my stomach couldn't handle it. It took me a while to narrow it down to the milk. I even got tested for parasites. So, I've been using Lactaid since then, and it's worked fine.
While I was in Papua New Guinea, we had a boxed milk. It's Ultra-Pasteurized, no additive milk. All we had for breakfast one morning was cereal, so I tried it. It didn't bother me at all. I was really surprised and just figured that there must be something strange in American milk. When I got back to the United States, I read my Lactaid milk carton and found that it is also Ultra-pasteurized and free from additives. So, I decided to find some boxed milk and try it.

I found some organic milk and have drunk almost a half gallon already today. NO PROBLEMS at all!!

I'm excited. And, a little bitter at the American dairy industry for putting weird things in our milk that make it harder for people my age to digest.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. BTW, some Starbucks carry organic milk. If they don't you can even ask them to use the organic chocolate or vanilla milk boxes that they sell in front inside your drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    But, is this just your clever way at getting me to buy those expensive drinks that have more than just shots of espresso?

    Long live the Americano!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting. i'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the stuff made by Kirkland at Costco. IT TASTES TERRIBLE!! Something like liquid fertilizer. I'd rather have my stomach hurt. Somebody must think that making something taste nasty qualifies as Organic. Well, not in my book. No thank you, I'll stick to Horizon Organic for now.

    ReplyDelete