Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vacuuming a House can be so Therapeutic

I finally got some time off after a very long 24 hours.
And, how is it that I feel the curious urge to spend the rest of my afternoon with a vacuum making everything clean, making all the carpet strands stand up again?
I should be tired, right?
I am tired, but vacuuming can be so therapeutic.
It's one of my favourite stress relievers. I'm sure all my OCD friends understand.

A fresh load of firewood in the living room and a clean house.
What more could I ask for?

Yeah, you're right, people to share it with.


...feel free to drop by anytime.

5 comments:

  1. A clean house and more firewood: neither seems to last long enough. There's always plenty of therapy available around here. It is a good feeling, though; especially if the rest of your life is invisible work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move closer and I totally will!

    You still down for skiing - maybe over the President's Day weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does next weekend sound? Would love to catch up on all you're reading, hearing and thinking.

    Maybe I should stay for a month, then?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to vacuum! Everything else in my house and life might seem out of control and messy but the floors I can control. As soon as I finish the whole house I get this feeling of , "Ahhhh.." and as long as my floors are clean, all is well in my world and I can face any mountain. Michael thinks I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally the same way. it's quite relaxing and puts your in a calm meditative state..

    I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete