Tuesday, January 6, 2009

no shower

The water doesn't work.
I think something must have froze. But, I looked around and it doesn't seem to be anything here at our cabin. Also, it didn't get lower than 20 degrees last night. It's been way colder on other nights.
Maybe somebody elsewhere along the main water line had trouble and they had to turn it off to fix it. I'm hoping for that.


[turns out that they shut the water off in this end of camp to fix something]
[as of 11:16pm they have not finished fixing it. Maybe I'll "borrow" somebody elses shower on the other side of camp in the morning. I found a bucket of water in the closet that I used for the toilet. I've been driving it back and forth as needed. It's my water supply. How exciting.]
[11:15am. It came back on, but looks like the bloody nile. Maintenance notified us that the main had been repaired and extra chlorine has been added. We've been directed to "flush our home lines today." I'm not sure if that means all day, or just until they are "flushed". Been running it for about 15 minutes and it still is red. Yes, it is an adventure that I sceretly enjoy.]

2 comments:

  1. I see you figured it out... but I felt inclinded to tell you that they DID shut the water down, and since you have no phone were not able to be called. The McWatters didn't have water either, so I think it was that whole section past SS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! You could have the drab life of living in luxury somewhere, where warm water was expected. Where nothing fell out of place and worked perfectly every time.

    But that world lacks adventure. It's mundane. And this is a much better story.

    Keep the dream alive! :)

    ReplyDelete